- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 750g diced pork or diced pork fillet (tenderloin)
- 450g onion
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 25g butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 level tbsp tomato paste
- 100ml dry sherry
- 2 level tsp plain flour
- 450ml pork or chicken stock
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- salt & ground black pepper
- 450g mushrooms (preferably dark mushrooms)
- 3 level tbsp grainy mustard
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Rosemary and flat leaf parsley to garnish
1) Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces. Mix the pork with the oil and the rosemary; cover and set aside in a cool place for at least 2 hours.
2) Quarter the onions.
3) When ready to start cooking, preheat oven to 180°C, 170°C for fan ovens or gas mark 4.
4) Heat the butter in a flame-proof casserole until just beginning to colour.
5) Add the pork in batches and fry to a rich golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
6) Lower the heat and add the onions. Cook for 5-7 mins or until softened.